"DPS Bhilai completes its 25 silver years..... "

rummaging through my stuff, i managed to get these beauties!!
DPS Bhilai completes its 25 silver years.....
hmmm , I thought, it will be fun to see the school in all its glory again!
so, I decided to get lucky and reached the grand gate no 1 .. 
DPS bhilai . .
The gate as usual was serene and devoid of any fanciful intentions if you have any.
but the watchman brought back my cheers by greeting me in the old manner..

Recognitions went a notch up when juniors (wow! i was a senior ... as opposed to my height!) and beloved teachers
started firing questions on where-are-yous and what-are you-doings..
Most of them were too busy with the celebrations and the hectic schedules that is were to be followed ...
but yes ...
the lecture hall was more welcoming...
thanks to my idols - Thakre sir and Sudipta ma'am...
my dramatics teacher and my english teacher respectively...

but you know...
after awhile .. it all became too heavy for me..
I kind of wanted everything back ..
Watching the hustle and bustle , the shouts, the last minute rush , the refreshment rooms,
the speeches ... even the scoldings for 'not behaving properly'...
I had this strange hallucinations and I saw all my batchmates instead.. 
The break time and The Slab ..(where we cemented all our chocolate wrappers, solemnly),
The assemblies- special and not-so-special ,
 The batch mates-all weird and all funny in their own respects!

I missed it all so much that I just glided through the corridors, the bus stop....
breathed only after reaching my vehicle which I was no longer allowed to park inside premises
because I am no longer a part of it...

no longer apart of it ?

no , thats impossible...
my school life has made me what I am ...
me school life has taught me what I want out of life...

I am always its part ...
and DPS bhilai will always be in my every part ...
:)

Comments

chetna said…
and PS:
i took the pic from facebook,
thanks !
Unknown said…
koi nahi di.....hota hai.....:(
Aw. Awesome pic of your stuff, first of all. I so seriously miss being there and envy you loads. The school is an inseparable part of all of us. It is that chip deep down in our circuitry that governs what we are today.
P.S. The pic wasn't 'from facebook'! You copied my display pic from facebook.. :P
Lol. It's ok! :)
Adarsh Kumar said…
Hey chetna..nice to see your blog kiddo...i guess you dont remember me..i was there in dps for 2 years...

P.S. - Nice writeup.... :)
Nitin Kumar said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nitin Kumar said…
The best thing in your write up was the feeling that I got upon reading the last few lines. You have given an excellent view of what every student feels about his own school.
No matter how much we hated our school, teachers or studies, during the school time, everyone misses their school, after they are long gone from it.

Reading your writeup was like imagining myself in the same situation, in my own school, and feeling the same thing you felt.

Nice to read something which can actually touch your emotions.

Popular Posts