A different world

I live in two worlds.
One is, the one I see through my specs. The practical, pragmatic, grim one.
The other is without specs where Everything is so different from my naked eyes.  And surprisingly, I realize today, that this is far more coherent!
It’s like a whole new world.
A world with no boundaries.
A world where everything is blurred yet defined so simply.
A world where everything is in terms of red blue yellow and green, splashed against the backdrop of dark velvet night.
A streetlight is not a streetlight anymore. It’s just a yellow twinkle.
A vehicle is not a vehicle anymore. It’s just a speeding away noisy red blob.
A tree is not a tree anymore. It’s just a rustling green.
The wind is not wind anymore. It’s just an invisible tickle.
The moon is not a moon anymore. It’s just a silent white shining thing.
The stars, well, the stars never change, I guess.  Still, the silent smiling hopes of the sky.
And people? Everyone is without a face, just an indistinct chatter. Just like the Ruskin bond’s story we grew up with- ‘the face in the dark’. It used to scare the wits out of me. My 10-year-old brain used to frown at that time, why did he write a ghost story after all?  Today I realize, people without faces are people without prodding opinions and prejudiced judgments. and that's not scary. that's actually comforting!
And all the dull dark corners that creep in the finite world, do not exist today!
The melancholy thoughts are cleverly camouflaged with the background. What more can I ask for?

Sometimes, there is a more unorthodox way to find some other world as well.
Brimming the eyes with tears!
No, trust me, it works.
Tears provide the much-needed lubricant to slip off to a different world!
And then, everything gets inconceivable and hence incredible!
And sometimes, if I try enough, I can see an entire new kaleidoscope from those colorful blobs!
Sigh!
But people are right.
it's not actually seeing anything.
Per my new year’s resolution, I don’t really expect everyone to be able to see what I see without really seeing.
People are right when they say I can not see distant things.
But then, philosophically speaking, who really can? That's why I have been prescribed specs.
To keep me off my other realm.  I know I am not making much sense .. but an escape from the reality, no matter how rarely found, is always welcome in any world!
:)


Comments

Popular Posts