Divya soni !


Divya Soni.
There are some people in life who always prove that it’s wrong to prejudice.
She is one of them in my life.
Back in school, as a bunch of teens, with all hormones gone wary, when there were mostly two predominant feelings – love or hate.  Divya Soni came under hate.
Definitely hate.
Pain in the ass. That’s what she was for me. And Nikhil would corroborate my claim. Snobby and proud, she kept doing stuffs to remain under ‘hate’.

And one fine afternoon, Mayuri and Treena unwittingly invited both of us, immediately dreading the outcome of such a rendezvous.
But guess what,
No one died in a street combat that day.
So, Divya Soni became bearable.
Bearable in class, bearable in tuitions, and bearable at home as well.
No wait.
She became inseparable.
Together we have bitched and bitched like hell!
She was the one who taught me that flirting is an indispensible art and love should be what Victoria Holt’s books describe.
She was the one who taught me that the forbidden is never out of reach.
She always had an opinion about anything and everyone.
May be that’s why,
Not everyone who know her like her.
Divya is one such person who evokes extreme reaction in people.
And you know what, I like that- in- your- face, kick- ass attitude..
Ohh, I miss those days !
I miss eating popcorn and munching on ice at her place and watching Pearl Harbor over and over again.
I miss being her side kick in her senseless yet fun escapades.
OH, I miss Leo, her golden retriever above all ..
I say i miss her so much, yet I was dumb enough to forget her birthday day before.
And I called her up, prepared to be tongue lashed with swears I can’t imagine .
But, no such thing happened.
And I am not happy about it.
She should have screamed, threatened, cursed..
But instead she sounded sad and hurt.
And I feel so stupid.
May be I am making a big deal out of it , maybe it’s a momentary lapse on my part..
But this matters to me.
Because I have had some of the best fun in my teen life with Divya Soni in it.
And the least I can do is to thank god there is plenty of potatoes and popcorn to keep my goondi gal happy!
Happy birthday Divya Soni !
J

Comments

Ankit said…
Beautiful ! Definitely brought back some memories !

Popular Posts